Connecticut Car Accident Lawyers
Helping Motor Vehicle Accident Victims Maximize their Compensation
While some victims are fortunate enough to walk away from auto accidents without a scratch, others are left with serious and even debilitating injuries. The effects of a car crash may result in hospitalization or rehabilitation for a serious injury that leaves you out of work for a prolonged period of time. Subsequent financial difficulties should not be something you worry about alone.
Serving car accident victims and their families throughout Connecticut, the car accident lawyers at Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC are here to help you get the compensation you deserve from either the insurance companies or from those whose negligent acts resulted in your pain and suffering. Most cases can be resolved successfully without having to litigate. However, if you must go to trial, we will be your zealous advocates.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Connecticut
According to the General Statutes of Connecticut section 52-584 you have two years from the date of your car accident to file a personal injury claim before the statute of limitations ends. If this happens, you will most likely be unable to file, no matter how severe your injuries are.
Don’t delay in calling Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC to discuss your case if you have suffered injuries at the hands of a negligent driver. Our experienced Connecticut car accident attorneys offers free consultations, so you have nothing to lose by calling us today.
Common Car Accident Causes
When you file a car accident claim in Connecticut, you file against the person or entity responsible for causing your injuries. In most cases, this will be the at-fault driver of a multi-car collision. However, occasionally accidents are caused by the negligence of other parties, such as roadside construction workers or transportation agencies.
Many car crashes are caused by human error, meaning you can bring a lawsuit against an at-fault party for causing an accident for negligent reasons such as:
- Distracted driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Reckless driving
- Disobeying traffic laws, signs, and signals
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Poor road design, construction, or maintenance
If you have been injured in a car accident in the Connecticut area and aren’t sure who is at fault for your accident, we can help you determine any and all parties who can be held liable for your medical bills, lost wages, car repair, and other related expenses.
How Lawyers Help After Car Accidents in Connecticut
Car accident attorneys help crash victims in Connecticut by providing guidance and support during every step of the legal process. They use their detailed knowledge of Connecticut auto accident law to ensure that car accident victims get the best possible result for their cases. A good Connecticut car accident attorney will take on responsibility for filing documents, investigating claims, negotiating settlements, and representing clients in court if necessary. In addition to this, they can also assist with providing expert advice on how to maximize compensation, as well as helping to arrange medical care for those who have suffered serious injuries in an auto accident.
A car accident lawyer can also do the following for their clients:
- Evaluate the claim: The lawyer will start by assessing all factors related to your case such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, degree of fault, and liability insurance coverage to determine how much compensation you may be entitled to receive.
- Negotiate with insurers: Car accident lawyers are experts at negotiating with insurance companies so that victims receive fair compensation for their damages.
- File a lawsuit: If settlement negotiations fail or break down completely due to uncooperative insurance companies or unreasonable demands from either side, then the attorney may recommend filing a lawsuit against those responsible for causing the injury or losses incurred from the crash.
- Represent clients in court: An experienced car accident lawyer can provide representation during court proceedings and hearings while advocating on behalf of their client’s rights throughout each stage of litigation.
- Help arrange medical treatment: Many times car accident victims need additional medical care beyond what is covered by health insurance plans or provided by their personal physicians. Attorneys can help arrange treatment by specialized doctors and other health care providers who treat auto-accident-related injuries and conditions without any out-of-pocket costs until a settlement is reached or awarded in court.
How We Build Car Accident Claims
Our legal team will do extensive preparation with attention to detail as we create a motor vehicle injury claim on your behalf.
There are numerous factors that can affect the amount of financial restitution you will receive after an auto accident:
- The insurance policy of the other driver. (For example, an accident involving a commercial truck could entitle you to more compensation.)
- Content in the police report.
- Photographs taken at the scene of the accident.
- Statements you or the other driver made after the accident.
- Pre-existing injuries that may have been exacerbated by the accident.
- How quickly you sought medical attention following the accident.
- Any citations related to the accident (DUIs, driving without a license, etc.).
- Your car insurance policy.
Building a solid automobile accident claim starts as soon as the incident has occurred. After your accident, be sure to take notes at the scene, collect any witness information that is available to you, and document injuries. Also, make sure you know the limitations of your car insurance policy. What you consider just a minor rear-end collision could be much worse upon further investigation.
Let Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve
If you have recently found yourself in a car crash, there are two things you should take care of as soon as possible—seeking medical attention and collecting evidence to support your claim. Once your health has been secured, we will navigate the complicated legal system so that you can focus on making a full and rapid recovery.
This firm is amazing!- Anonymous
You need look no further than Morrissey & Morrissey.- William Leone
This is an outstanding practice that I would recommend to anyone.- Lisa C.
The staff in the office represented her office well because they always went above and beyond to help me just as Attorney Rydzic did.- Lisa C.
He has improved my quality of life by the outstanding job he does making my life easier and relieving the burden of dealing with workers comp.- Cassidy R.