For over 40 years, founding attorney David J. Morrissey has been a board-certified specialist in workers’ compensation law. Attorney Morrissey has represented clients at all levels in the workers’ compensation forum, including the Connecticut Supreme Court. His primary areas of practice include workers’ compensation, personal injury, public sector labor, and pension law, and Social Security disability. Throughout his legal career, he has represented many public-sector labor unions as well as dealt with all areas concerning the interaction of labor, workers’ compensation, and Connecticut heart and hypertension laws.
Attorney Morrissey’s legal successes have been recognized numerous times over the years, most recently by trusted legal rating organizations Super Lawyers® and Martindale Hubbell. He is recognized as an expert in the area of workers’ compensation by the State of Connecticut Bar Association. Attorney Morrissey has also been recognized as a Connecticut and New England Superlawyer by Law & Politics Magazine. Additionally, he is a member (Fellow) of the College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, of which only 20 attorneys in Connecticut have been selected to be a part of.
- Lafayette College, B.A., 1976
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Connecticut, 1979
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, 1985
Honors & Awards
- Connecticut Superlawyer by Law & Politics Magazine since 2008
- New England Superlawyer by Law & Politics Magazine since 2007
- Rating of “AV,” Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory’s highest accolade
- Fellow, The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Past & Current Affiliations and Appointments
- Chairman, Workers’ Compensation Section Connecticut Bar Association 2005-2007
- Vice-Chairman Workers’ Compensation Section Connecticut Bar Association 2003-2005
- Member of the Workers’ Compensation Executive Section 1995-present
- Standing Committee for Workers’ Compensation specialization
- Member Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Section
- Member Legal Advisory Panel of the Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Member of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association
- Member of the Waterbury Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- General Counsel IBPO/NAGE 1980-1987: Handled labor issues for police, municipal, and federal employee unions including arbitration, Board of Labor Relations, CHRO, FOI, in both State and Federal Court.