Attorney Andrew J. Morrissey is a Partner in the Law Firm of Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC, and a 1988 graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law. After law school, he spent four years in the United States Marine Corps where he served as a Judge Advocate and attained the rank of Captain. He returned to Connecticut in 1992 and has been practicing in the state since that time.
Attorney Morrissey was recognized as a board-certified specialist in workers’ compensation by the State of Connecticut Bar Association in its inaugural class of 2001 and has held this certification since that time. He regularly represents injured workers at informal, preformal, and Formal Workers’ Compensation proceedings, and has briefed and argued cases on numerous occasions before The Compensation Review Board, as well as The Connecticut Appellate and Supreme Courts. In addition to workers’ compensation, Attorney Morrissey also represents clients in personal injury matters as well as public sector employment law.
- BA University of Connecticut 1985
- University of Connecticut School of Law. J.D. 1988
- CT 1988
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Past and Current Honors/Awards and Affiliations
- Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist 2001 – present
- Connecticut Superlawyer 2009 – present
- Member Workers’ Compensation Specialist Examining Committee
- Associate Editor, Compensation Quarterly
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- United States Marine Corps, Judge Advocate