Connecticut Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Fighting to Give Injured Employees in Connecticut the Counsel They Need
Sustaining an injury in the workplace is already a distressing experience all on its own. When you factor in the dozens of other considerations that come after, it can quickly become overwhelming.
If you or a loved one have been injured on the job, the most important thing to do is to call in the Connecticut workers’ compensation lawyers at Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC as quickly as possible.
Having an experienced, professional, and compassionate legal team on your side can make all the difference between a successful case and failing to secure any compensation for you and your family.
Common Workplace Injuries Covered by Workers' Compensation
Workers' compensation is designed to provide financial and medical benefits to employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses. At Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC, we have extensive experience handling a wide range of workplace injury cases in Naugatuck, CT.
Some common workplace injuries covered by workers' compensation include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Construction site accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Exposure to harmful substances
- Occupational diseases
Our team of skilled workers' compensation lawyers understands the complexities of these cases and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the benefits you deserve. We will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to secure maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
How Do I Know If I Am Eligible for Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
According to the Workers’ Compensation Commission of Connecticut, the Connecticut Workers' Compensation System “covers almost all employees, including minors, non-citizens, and part-time employees, regardless of occupation, business size, duration of employment, or number of hours worked per day” with very few exceptions.
This means that nearly any employee in Connecticut who sustained an injury at work or contracted an occupational disease is likely eligible to receive assistance of some kind. Additionally, the family members of an employee who passed away in such an accident may receive compensation as well.
What Is Your Best Advice for How to Secure Maximum Benefits?
A positive outcome in a workers’ compensation case can result in compensation for any of the following:
- Medical treatment
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Temporary or permanent disability benefits
- Lost wages incurred due to missed work
The best advice we can give is to report an injury to work as soon as it becomes clear that it’s a problem, and then call our Connecticut workers’ compensation lawyers immediately thereafter.
The longer you wait on each of these issues, the more power you give to either the employer or the insurer to act unethically regarding you and your injury. People with workplace injuries need to take action to protect and defend themselves sooner rather than later.
Understanding the Workers' Compensation Claim Process
Filing a workers' compensation claim can be a complex and overwhelming process. At Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC, we understand the challenges injured employees in Naugatuck, CT face when trying to navigate the workers' compensation system. Our experienced attorneys are here to guide you through every step of the claim process, ensuring that you receive the counsel and representation you need.
Here is an overview of the workers' compensation claim process:
- Report your injury: It is crucial to report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. Failure to report your injury within the designated time frame may result in a denial of your claim.
- Seek medical treatment: Obtain medical treatment for your injury from an authorized healthcare provider. Make sure to follow all recommended treatments and attend all medical appointments.
- File a claim: File a workers' compensation claim with the Connecticut Workers' Compensation Commission. Our attorneys can assist you in preparing and submitting all necessary documentation.
- Investigation: The insurance company will conduct an investigation to determine the validity of your claim. This may involve reviewing medical records, obtaining statements, and conducting interviews.
- Negotiation and settlement: Our attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company to secure the maximum benefits you are entitled to. We will advocate for your best interests and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Appeals: If your claim is denied or you are not satisfied with the offered settlement, our attorneys will guide you through the appeals process and fight for your rights in court if necessary.
By choosing Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC as your legal representation, you can trust that we will work tirelessly to give you every advantage in your workers' compensation claim. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you secure the maximum benefits you deserve.
Working to Give You Every Advantage
Our team feels that our role is that of counselor, guiding our clients through both the legal and the medical aspects of the claim. We work tirelessly to convey our knowledge of the system that results from our many years of experience handling thousands of cases.
The average injured worker may only have one claim in a lifetime, but we handle thousands. Because of this, our knowledge is extensive.
By obtaining our representation, the injured worker gains access to that knowledge to avoid being manipulated by insurance companies that care only about the bottom line.
Morrissey, Morrissey & Rydzik, LLC Will Guide You to Success
For us, the most rewarding aspect of our jobs is when we can help a client navigate the treatment process by helping them to get a better doctor willing and able to give them the help they need. Ensuring that our clients have all the tools they need to continue living a full and satisfying life is the most important aspect of what our workers' comp lawyers do.
If you have been injured at work, there is no time to lose. Contact our Connecticut workers’ compensation attorneys today at (203) 275-0947 to schedule your free consultation.
This firm is amazing!- Anonymous
You need look no further than Morrissey & Morrissey.- William Leone
This is an outstanding practice that I would recommend to anyone.- Lisa C.
The staff in the office represented her office well because they always went above and beyond to help me just as Attorney Rydzic did.- Lisa C.
He has improved my quality of life by the outstanding job he does making my life easier and relieving the burden of dealing with workers comp.- Cassidy R.